Ursa Major Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned small business focused on helping clients achieve measurable results through strategic application of information technology.
We help clients focus strategically, leverage their internal resources, and work as dynamic virtual team members.
The founder and president of Ursa Major is Dorothy Firsching. Dorothy has more than 25 years of experience in business and technology-related consulting for Government agencies, nonprofits, and commercial firms, is a Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute, and has taught classes on project management, data mining, information technology, facilitation, and proposal development. Connect with Dorothy on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Major passions include:
- Supporting organizations employing people with disabilities (since 1999)
- Improving organizational effectiveness, from small nonprofits through Government agencies
- President of two condominium associations
- Developing websites using Joomla!, WordPress, and other productivity tools
- Founding member and secretary of the Northern Virginia Joomla! Users Group
- Board member of the Washington Metropolitan Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI)
- Member of the Foundation for Community Associations Research (FCAR) Research Committee
Ursa Major Consulting is certified by the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprises (DMBE) as a SWAM (Small, Women and Minority-Owned) vendor. Ursa Major frequently works with government clients through contracts held by International Leadership Consulting and other partners.