Ursa Major's recertification as a small, woman-owned business in the Commonwealth of Virginia was approved. Virginia is increasingly turning to SWAM-certified vendors for its needs. Ursa Major is a team partner on Catoctin Consulting's contracts with the Commonwealth of Virginia for facilitation, strategic planning, and performance management.
Ursa Major frequently works as a subcontractor or part of a team of consultants assembled for a particular project. A few of the excellent people we've worked with on projects include:
- Dorothy Firsching, Project Management Professional (PMP), http://www.linkedin.com/in/dfirsching
President of Ursa Major Consulting, LLC
- Becky Roberts, Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). PMP, Certified Management Consultant (CMC), and Balanced Scorecard expert. http://www.linkedin.com/in/beckylroberts
President of Catoctin Consulting, LLC and International Leadership Consulting, LLC. ILC holds a GSA MOBIS schedule and several statewide task ordered contracts with the Commonwealth of Virginia. Dorothy and Becky have worked together for many years.
- Dawn Rhine, Certified Professional Facilitator and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified consultant, owner of Synergy Forces.
- Dorothy Banzon, Graphic Designer and Creative Director of Katalyst Creative Group
D Banzon Design
- Don Cranford, Joomla!, WordPress, and PHP developer
Katalyst Creative Group
- Marsha Lindquist, Contracting Strategist
Granite Leadership Strategies
- Alex Bocast, DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF 2.0) expert, Principal Engineer, Silver Bullet Solutions.
- Charles D. Markert, PE and CPF, and certified practitioner of Bottom Line Innovation (TM)
President, Dynamic Leadership Consulting Group
- Chris Westphal, General Manager
Raytheon Visual Analytics
- And others!
Send postal mail to:
Ursa Major Consulting
9536 Stevebrook Road
Fairfax, VA 22032
Phone: (703) 425-6236
Fax: (703) 345-9354
We have supported the following commercial clients:
- The Alliance for Full Participation
- Catapult Consultants
- Catoctin Consulting
- Creative Information Technology, Inc. (CITI)
- Cincinnati Bell Information Systems (CBIS)
- Computer Products and Services, Inc.
- The Law Offices of Mitchell Garabedian (Garabedian Law)
- Goodwill Industries of South Florida
- The Guild of Professional Tour Guides of Washington, DC
- The Institute for Economic Empowerment
- International Leadership Consulting (ILC)
- JIL Information Systems
- JMA Solutions, LLC (JMA)
- LEADS Corporation
- Maden Tech Consulting, Inc.
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- The Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS® (NVAR)
- NISH, now renamed to SourceAmerica
- Reebok International
- Smith, Pachter, McWhorter & D'Ambrosio
- Tech International of Virginia
- Venable, Baetjer, Howard & Civiletti
- Visual Analytics, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Realty Advisors
We have supported the following government clients:
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- Bureau of the Census
- The Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled
- Defense Nuclear Agency
- Defense Technical Information Center
- Department of Education
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Treasury Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
- General Services Adminstration
- Health and Human Services Adminstration
- Maritime Administration
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Archives
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Social Security Administration
- The Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Advisory Panel of SSA
- U. S. Army
- U. S. Marine Corps
- Virginia Industries for the Blind
Ursa Major Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned small business focused on helping clients achieve measurable results through strategic application of information technology.
We help clients focus strategically, leverage their internal resources, and work as dynamic virtual team members.
The founder and president of Ursa Major is Dorothy Firsching. Dorothy has more than 25 years of experience in business and technology-related consulting for Government agencies, nonprofits, and commercial firms, is a Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute, and has taught classes on project management, data mining, information technology, facilitation, and proposal development. Connect with Dorothy on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Major passions include:
- Supporting organizations employing people with disabilities (since 1999)
- Improving organizational effectiveness, from small nonprofits through Government agencies
- President of two condominium associations
- Developing websites using Joomla!, WordPress, and other productivity tools
- Founding member and secretary of the Northern Virginia Joomla! Users Group
- Board member of the Washington Metropolitan Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI)
- Member of the Foundation for Community Associations Research (FCAR) Research Committee
Ursa Major Consulting is certified by the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprises (DMBE) as a SWAM (Small, Women and Minority-Owned) vendor. Ursa Major frequently works with government clients through contracts held by International Leadership Consulting and other partners.